Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Strata
This truly is a dish that works for grown-ups and kids alike; a multi-generational crowd pleaser.
2 cups, grated
Black Diamond® Old Cheddar
Lactantia® unsalted butter
medium onion, finely chopped
thinly sliced Black Forest ham, cut in wide ribbons
baby spinach, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
Black Diamond® Marble, grated
baguette, cut into 1” cubes (about 7 cups)
Beatrice® 2% milk
a few pinches
black pepper to taste
- Butter a deep 9x13“ gratin dish.
- In a heavy frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add ham and cook lightly. Remove from heat and add spinach, using tongs to incorporate.
- Mix the Black Diamond® Old Cheddar and Black Diamond® Marble together.
- Spread one-third of the bread in the gratin dish. Top with one-third of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layering, ending with cheese on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Dijon, dry mustard, salt, nutmeg, cayenne, and black pepper. Pour evenly over strata. Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover strata and bake for 50 minutes or until cheese is golden and eggs are set.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might like
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Prego and Black Diamond have teamed up to provide you with our simple recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna. Not only does everything cook in just 30 minutes, but the pairing of Prego Original Pasta Sauce and Black Diamond Pizza & Pasta Mozzarella shredded cheese elevate this weeknight recipe to lasagna perfection.
A Mexican twist on a Canadian classic! Crispy shoe-string fries with taco-seasoned ground beef topped with nacho cheese sauce, diced tomato, red onion, and Black Diamond® Cheese Curds. So satisfying!