Black Diamond® Walnut Cheddar Biscotti Pinwheels
A blend of basil, walnuts and cheddar cheese for a unique and savoury tasting biscotti.
Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Natural Slices
2.5 cups (625mL)
1 cup (250mL)
2 tbsp. (30mL)
½ tsp (2mL)
1 tsp (5mL)
1/2 cup (125mL)
Lactantia® Butter, softened
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°c).
- In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, walnuts and basil.
- In another large bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon (or use a stand or hand mixer).
- Add eggs one at a time stirring to incorporate fully.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until dough is formed.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle approx. 14” x 9”.
- Layer four slices of cheese along the 14” edge of the dough and roll, forming a pinwheel, into a log, finishing seam side down.
- Place log on a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Layer remaining four slices evenly on top of the log.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Carefully slice log with a serrated knife crosswise in approx. ½“ or less slices.
- Place slices on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flip slices and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Other recipes you might like
Black Diamond® Old Cheddar Apple Strudel
Apples topped with old cheddar cheese, oven baked to a delicious golden crisp.