Scrambled Egg Toasted Sandwich
- 8 whole wheat bread slices
- 1/3 cup Lactantia unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp red pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Beatrice 2% milk or cream
- 8 Black Diamond Fat Free Cheddar Slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butter one side of each bread slice and put aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté the red peppers for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with milk or cream and pour into the skillet. Cook until eggs are set, stirring continuously to keep it fluffy.
- Place 4 bread slices buttered side down and divide the egg mixture evenly among them. Top with 2 Black Diamond Fat Free Cheddar Slices and add salt and pepper. Cover with the remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Heat over medium heat in a nonstick skillet or an electric griddle, turning once, until both sides are toasted and the cheese is melted.